Cineca è una delle Large Scale Facilities in Europa e uno dei membri fondatori di PRACE.
I sistemi HPC Cineca sono:
- LEONARDO, the pre-exascale Tier-0 EuroHPC supercomputer is classified in 4° position among the most powerful supercomputers in the Top500 List. It is hosted by Cineca in the Bologna Technopole. It is supplied by ATOS, with two main partitions: Booster Module and Data-centric Module. The booster module partition is based on BullSequana XH2135 supercomputer nodes, each with four NVIDIA Tensor Core GPUs and a single Intel CPU. It also uses NVIDIA Mellanox HDR 200Gb/s InfiniBand connectivity, with smart in-network computing acceleration engines that enable extremely low latency and high data throughput to provide the highest AI and HPC application performance and scalability. The Data-centric partition is based on BullSequana X2140 three-node CPU Blade and is equipped with two Intel Sapphire Rapids CPUs, each with 56 cores.
- MARCONI: It is the system that replaced FERMI in July 2016. It is based on the LENOVO NeXtScale platform and the next generation of the Intel Xeon Phi product family. It has been gradually upgraded from June 2016. The actual configuration consists of Marconi-A3 with SkyLake (in production since August 2017, upgraded in January 2018 and completed in November 2018). In a previous configuration phase, Marconi had two additional partitions: Marconi-A1 with Intel Broadwell, into production since July 2016, closed in September 2018, and Marconi-A2 with Intel KnightsLanding into production since January 2017, closed in January 2020. Marconi is classified in Top500 list among the most powerful supercomputer: rank 12 in November 2016, and rank 19 in the November 2018 list.
- MARCONI100: It is the new accelerated not conventional Marconi partition available from April 2020. This is an IBM system equipped with NVIDIA Volta V100GPUs, opening the way to the accelerated pre-exascale Leonardo supercomputer.
- DGX: It is the NVIDIA A100 accelerated system available from January 2021, particulary suitable for Deep Learning frameworks. This is a AMD 3-node system equipped with 8 NVIDIA A100 Tensor Core GPUs per node.
- GALILEO: It has been renewed in March 2018 with Intel Xeon E5-2697 v4 (Broadwell) nodes, available for the Italian research community.
- CLOUD.HPC: CINECA cloud service has been renewed in April 2020 with Intel E5-2697 v4 (Broadwell) nodes, completing the HPC ecosystem.
Maggiori informazioni sono disponibili sul sito HPC, e nella pagina Un anno di supercalcolo al Cineca, dedicata agli aggiornamenti dell'infrastruttura nel 2020.